Saturday, March 10, 2012

GOD IS GOOD

God is a good God and when we wait up on the Lord and his timing good an unexpected things. On my job I have to hear all kinds of worldly junk as I am sure there are many others that to deal with the same kind of things. So I started talking about the Lord, singing as I work and every chance I got when the conversation would allow I express my belief in the Lord and how I feel he expects us to life. In a worldly setting that does not go well and people don't like their darkness exposed by the light and when you talk about the Lord it exposes that light. Some of the people I work around confess to be christian and go to church but they are some of the most negative people to be around. and if they say something negative I try to come back with something that has to do with my faith in the Lord. When they are talking about their worldly activities I try to stay out of their conversations and I will usually start silently praying or meditating on the Lord to block them out. About six months ago I transferred to anther dept to learn another job that I had not done before. It was a lateral move so there was not a pay increase in the move. But I was getting the opportunity to gain more knowledge of another product our company produces. My out look is it's not always abut the money it's about what I can do to improve my skills to make me more valuable to the company I work for. They are the ones that the Lord is using to bless me and supply my financial needs. I try to keep the attitude and think of it as I don't work for them but I work for the Lord. A couple weeks ago I was going through a battle and it seemed like it was coming from all directions but I kept praising the Lord knowing that he had brought me through similar situations in the past and I knew he would bring me through this. I went into a quiet mode because it seem that Satan was using the people I work with to attack and so I started praying for them and trying the best I could to not say or do anything that would cause me more problems or issues on my job. But still every chance I got I would make a comment about the Lord or let them hear me singing to myself. Last week on of the guy's that confess to be a christian made the comment that he could stand those people who acted all holy-er than thou and always having to talk about God. I didn't say anything at the time I just let it slide and went on about my business. I have prayed and ask the Lord to give me a boldness and to help me be a witness and he is faithful to do as we ask when it is in line with the word and his will for us. A few days later the conversation was going in a way that the opportunity came us for me to get to say I know that I am not any better than anyone else and I know that I have a lot of issues that the Lord has to work on in me and that God is no respecter of man and that what he does for me he will do for anybody else who will allow him to. Wednesday I went in to work and I had this feeling and at first I didn't say anything but it just kept rising up in me and finally I said I feel really blessed and I feel like something good is going to happen. Then I said I don't know if it is going to be here at work or if it's going to be at home or what it is but I just feel blessed. The blessing didn't come on Wednesday but it did come on Thursday. I had put in for another transfer but then decided to with drawl from it because I didn't feel like I had been where I am long enough and I wanted to learn more about the job I am doing. A month or so has past that I ask to transfer and when I with drew I gave it no more thought. I have made a lot of decisions that I didn't wait on the Lord for the answer. That is another reason I with drew my request to transfer and said to my self that if it is the Lords will he will work it out because he is my provider and he is going to provide for me in what ever I need when I need it. So back to Thursday my supervisor ask me to come to his office my first thought was what have I done now and when I walked in the door our production manager and supervisor over the dept I had put in for and withdrew from was in my supervisors office and my first thought really was what have I done. Usually if it is a serious violation there are two supervisors present when it is addressed. So right away the first the production manager said it was not anything bad. Praise the Lord what a relief. The blessing was I was ask if I was still interested and if I would be willing to transfer to the job I had withdrew from. God is a good God and is a blessing God. As we learn to wait and put it all in his hands he works out all situations to our good. I have been with this company for a total 15 years all together this year in August. They have been good to me and given me many opportunities in which I am very thankful for. I have goofed up several times along the way but by the grace of God I am still with them. I give God all the praise and glory for all that he has done for me and he has opened doors that I thought would not be opened and every time the enemy has come up against me the Lord has brought me through. Christians when we put the Lord Jesus Christ first in out lives there is nothing that he will not do for us if we will just get our hands out of it and allow him to work in his time and his way. I love the Lord more and more everyday and if I would have allowed him to have control of my live sooner there is no way of knowing where I would be today because of his great love. Let the Lord take control and allow him to work in your life. What God does and can do is so much more rewarding than anything the world has to offer. God says accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and I will give you the desires of your heart and it will be rewards that no man can take away. Everything the world has to offer dies and comes to an end. What is offered through faith and trust Jesus Christ and Him Crucified never comes to an end.