Thursday, January 19, 2012

Seek You First


 But seek you first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness (this gives the “condition” for God’s Blessings; His interests are to be “first”); and all these things shall be added unto you (this is the “guarantee” of God’s ProvisionMatthew 6:33
Swaggart, J. (2005). The Expositor's Study Bible (1656). Baton Rouge, LA: World Evangelism Press.


In today's times we can get so caught (and most all do) in what's going on around us and our focus get's so caught up in the things of the world we so easily forget what really matters most. The wool so easily has been pulled down over and covers our eyes and our ears are so filled with the so called great ideas of the world on how to survive and handle the situations life throws at us that we have just simply closed our eyes to see and close our ears to hear the truth.

We have been brought up in a time that we were taught to be self sufficient even to the point that we have forgotten that we even need God. And as for Jesus, as to who he really is and the purpose of his coming and what he did for us has long become a thing of the past. Yes the church uses his name and claims him as savior but as far as truly living for him and depending on him as the source and means of all their needs it's not taught in churches of today. 

The majority of the churches in today's world have taken the word of God and is teaching the people to use it for personal worldly gain. The church of today is taught to name it and claim it what ever you want or need speak it into existence. If you confess Jesus as you savior (what it boils down to is it doesn't matter if you truly have a relationship with him or not or how you live your life just as long as you claim to be a child of God) you deserve and you will receive all the blessings (money, houses, cars, health, mates etc.) you speak and it will be added unto you. But what ever you do, don't mention sin, because it may make someone want to go out and commit sin (doesn't matter that they are knowingly living in sin daily) you might also hurt their feelings by telling them the truth. This describes most of the modern churches of today. 

I speak on this through experience because I was a member of one of these churches for a few years. I'm not saying that some of the people who attend these churches are not saved and that they will not go to heaven. But what I do know is there is not complete victory found in these churches because it is a constant work of naming and claiming and searching and confessing. Now I can say that the church I was a member of did teach that it was not about works and that your works could not gain you anything. But what they couldn't see and still doesn't see or believe to this day as I'm aware of that the name it, claim it, searching and confessing is of works and is not trusting and believing in the finished work of Jesus Christ and all he accomplished on the cross.

Like I said I was involved in this type of ministry for several years and I practiced it and at times felt like I was getting victory in some areas. But in the areas I needed victory the most I kept coming up short and would end up right back where I started. I was naming, claiming, searching and confessing but to no avail. I knew God had forgiven me of my past and I was saved but I did not have victory in my life. Also on top of all of this I was still caught up in law. Law in it's self is a killer if you try to live up to it or think you can live up to it. There is no way possible to do so. But still we think we are supposed because of what we have been taught by others that couldn't live up to what they were teaching. So, thank God for giving us Jesus and his unending mercy and grace to those who will believe and receive it.  

Still I wanted more,  I wanted to know God like I had never knew him before and I wanted to find that victory and peace in my life. I had heard others talk about they had victory and peace but what I could see in them was not enough. Some how I knew that it had to be more than what I was seeing. So in my heart I kept crying out to God. ("Seek you first")

Even though I didn't live as I should have for God I was saved at a very young age around seven or eight years old and as I personally looked back it's no question that God has shed so much undeserved mercy and grace on me through out my entire life. It's very clear to me it is only by his mercy that I am alive today, (God had a plan) because I took a very long way around to get to where I am today. As far as I am concerned I should have been dead and it hell a long time ago.  But that's for another time.

(I feel right now because I don't know who may be reading this I need to say God Loves You right where ever you are at right now this very moment. It doesn't who you are or what you may be doing or what you may have done God Loves You. I you will seek him and ask him to forgive you of any sin [does not matter what it is] that you are guilty of and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and believe and receive his forgives you, you can be saved and he will help you over come anything that stands between you and your salvation.)

The modern church today have gotten so far removed from Jesus Christ and The Cross and they have become more of social clubs than churches. They have became so seeker sensitive they they no longer teach about Jesus and Him Crucified for our sins. In fact sin is no longer mentioned in most modern day churches because there is as much sin in the modern church as it is out in the world and it is very hard to distinguish between the two.  

There is only one way for us to seek the Kingdom of God and that is through Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.  Jesus Christ is the only redeemer of sin and it is through his shed blood by the way of the cross at Calvary. Jesus took upon himself our sin debt. A debt that no amount of money could ever buy. There is no amount of gold that man has that can buy the redemption of sin. Only blood of Jesus and only Jesus could pay that debt. It's not the wooden beam of the cross is's self that brings our salvation but what was accomplished there that day over 2000 years ago on that cross. 

The wisdom of this world can not bring salvation. There is nothing that man has ever come up with or ever will come up with that can take away mans sin. Sin's of yesterday are still sin's today. The very same sins from the fall of Adam (man) are still sins today. Man can choose to deny his sin or even deny sin exist but it still does not take it away. Every one needs Jesus Christ as their savior and the only way they will escape the penalty of death (hell is just as real as the world you live in today with one exception once the there is no way out)is by and through Jesus Christ. 

So many wasted years I spent searching for happiness in this world. Longing for fulfillment and needing and desiring to be satisfied but always coming up short or empty. Looking and longing for something or someone to make me feel complete. Seeking and desiring pleasures to please the flesh that were over in a moment and the emptiness, loneliness and seeking of the desire to be fulfilled again would soon return and the on going cycle of emptiness. This is what the world has to offer and it is all the world can offer because there is no complete fulfillment in anything of this world.

The seeking of the Kingdom of God and receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and resting in his righteousness and allowing him to lead and direct ones life brings such fulfillment. The laying down of self and the denying of all self will and surrendering to the one who can fulfill every need bring the greatest pleasure known to man. 

My only regret is for holding on to self for so long an seeking out something in this world to complete me.

With God everything is about choice, your choice, as to what you want. It is God's will that you love him as he has loved you and that you would seek Jesus Christ as you savoir because Adam failed you. He allowed Jesus to come and pay your sin debt not only so could go to heaven but also so you could live a fulfilling live through you journey on this earth as you pass through it. God is no respecter of man his will is the same for all of us. But he will not deny you of you free will that is why you allows you to choose your destiny. 

Don't be fooled by the lies of Satan that is coming out of so many churches today that in the end God will have his way and everything will work out to God's will. God can not lie so there for he can not take the free will of choice he has give you to choose away from you and force his will on you. That why it is up to you to choose who you will believe the ways of the world (Satan) which only has to offer death. Or starting right now a life (Heavenly) filled with an describable joy filled with peace and happiness through Jesus Christ our Lord. 

Jesus Christ and Him Crucified  





       


      

   



No comments: