Friday, January 8, 2010

My Testimony

My Testimony

If I may, I want to share a little of my testimony with you. With out going into great details or explicits I want to try to share with you in a way that may reach out to you or maybe even help you understand what someone that you love and care for might be feeling or is going through.

Romans 8:2   For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

There are all kinds of different walks in life. We sometime have been to some of the same places and other times some of us have been places that others have not. Some of us have been to some of the same places but, we could never admit it because of the way it may be looked on or judged by others and it could cause problems in our families or our relationships. With that being said let me say right here that the one who really needs to know already knows and knew before we knew. There is no need to go into great details of where you have been or what you have done. If you choose to do so that choice is yours to make.

John 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

 The bible tells us in John 10:10   The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy... I believe the battle with the thief starts in our childhood. I know that mine did. I can't tell you when or how it started, but I know that I was very young. I think I was somewhere around the age of seven is when I can remember things starting to happen to me. I found myself doing things be cause I was ask to, told to and even sometimes putting myself into places that I shouldn't have been in because I knew what was going to happen. I can tell you that I know that I always had a choice.

The second part of John 10:10 says: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I can remember way back then that still soft voice saying to me don't do it, you don't really want to do that. But some how the thief had a hold on me and I made the wrong choices. My past had such a hold on me that I stayed in it through my teens on into adulthood. I made all kinds of excuses, blamed it on God as we always do. I couldn't be doing anything wrong God made me and God doesn't make mistakes. God did make me and he didn't make a mistake, I was making the mistakes and making the wrong choices.

Romans 8:3   For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

John 3:15   That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

I was forty seven before I completely walked away from my past. Because of who He is I am who I am. Because of His forgiveness, His love, His compassion, His strength and most of all His mercy and His grace I am free of my past. I walk in His light.

John 5:22   For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Romans 8:1   There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

If you are hurting, if you find yourself at a place where you feel like you are all alone and that no one would understand. You might be saying: You don't understand, you don't know what I have done or where I have been. Let me assure you I know how you feel. I have been there and I have had all those thoughts. Many times I had sat in church and heard the former drinkers and the former drug users or the former cheating spouses giving their testimonies. I also had these things in common with them but I still felt condemned because my past went darker and deeper. Or so I felt that way. But let me tell you that no matter what you have done or how bad you may think you have been my God loves you and if you are willing to confess to him that you know that you have come up short, I know that he is willing to forgive you. We all have sinned. It's not what sin it's just that we all have sinned. Just like the story of the woman caught in the act of adultery.

John 8:4   They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.   
John 8:7   So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
John 8:10   When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
John 8:11   She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

God loves us all and he sent his only begotten son to be our sacrifice and take all our sin upon himself. He freely laid his own life down for us. What greater love than to lay your life down for another.

Romans 8:35   Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Romans 8:37   Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
 Romans 8:36   As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Romans 8:38   For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39   Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I pray that it has been of encouragement to you in some way. I will close by saying that God loves you and wants to have a personal relationship with you.


God bless,

J D Wall
4/17/2009

No comments: